NFU maintains a National Legal Panel, comprising sixteen firms nationwide which have been carefully selected and assessed for their specialist experience and knowledge of agricultural and horticultural matters.
To mark the tenth anniversary of the panel this year, as one of its sixteen member firms since inception we have introduced FarmServe, a unique tailored service to review and advise about the myriad legal matters affecting farmers and growers.
FarmServe offers a free initial review of, and advice about, any or all of:-
- Your title to land, and matters affecting it
- Tenancies – granted by you, and / or to you
- Development land and diversification
- Planning issues
- First registration of unregistered land
- Contracts with third parties e.g., milk contracts, potato contracts
- Share farming agreements
- Employment and related issues
- Partnership agreements
- Dealings with contractors
- Wills, tax and succession planning and Lasting Powers of Attorney
Work undertaken under FarmServe is at a fixed price agreed in advance, which incorporates the 12.5% discount from which NFU Farmer and Grower members benefit when instructing an NFU legal panel firm.
- until 28th June 2019 we are offering a further 10% discount on fixed FarmServe fees
- if you also subscribe to NFU’s Legal Assistance Scheme then the scheme will contribute £250 per contract reviewed, to a maximum of £500 per member, towards the fixed fees for FarmServe work.