Our Planning team has been active in providing specialist advice on planning for a considerable number of years.
We are able to advise on all aspects of Planning Law and Practice, including inquiries and appeals, Compulsory Purchase, Highways Law and associated environmental matters such as environmental impact assessment. This expertise is reflected in our strong client base.
- We advise on planning law and practice on a national basis.
- The developments on which we have advised include new buildings, brownfield redevelopment, minerals, waste, and change of use.
- Our work in planning includes planning appeals and inquiries, and the negotiating of planning conditions, s.106 and Unilateral Undertakings.
- We also advise on Compulsory Purchase, including advice on compensation claims and hearings in the Lands Tribunal.
- In the area of Highways Law, we cover stopping up and diversion orders to facilitate development, and s.278 and other Highways Act agreements.
- The recent overhaul of the planning system means that specialist advice will be required for years to come.
- We keep fully abreast of the latest legal developments within the industry and we are therefore able to ensure that our clients remain “in the know” in this specialist area.
- Together with our colleagues in the Property Department, we can offer a full service for all those engaged in the use or redevelopment of property assets.
- No builder developer or landowner can afford to proceed without up-to-the-minute advice, to avoid the strict enforcement procedures and potential loss of value that breach of planning control can bring.
Andrew Williamson – Director
David Thorp – Director