Coronavirus Update – January 2021
During the national lockdown, we will continue to follow Government guidance to protect our staff and clients. We are offering client meetings, where for any reason a meeting cannot be held remotely, but any meetings must be arranged in advance.
You should not attend the office if you, or a member of your household, has symptoms of Covid-19, however mild. In this event, please contact us and we will make arrangements to either hold your appointment remotely, or at a later date.
Where you are attending an appointment:
- You will be asked whether you consent to a temperature check. This is not compulsory but we hope that all clients and visitors to the office will recognise that this is a prudent measure for the health and safety of everyone present. The check will be carried out using an infrared thermometer and so is completely non-intrusive. If the check suggests an elevated temperature then the solicitor you have called to see will be informed and they and you can decide on an appropriate course of action regarding the matter in which we are acting for you.
If the check indicates a temperature which is elevated to an extent sufficient to suggest a possible COVID infection then you will be asked to make a fresh appointment following either a negative COVID test elsewhere or otherwise an appropriate period of self-isolation – again the solicitor you have called to see will be informed so that they and you can decide on an appropriate course of action regarding the matter in which we are acting for you.
• You will be asked to sanitise your hands using the gel provided, both upon entering and exiting our building
• Our Solicitor will meet you in reception. We are sorry that we are unable to shake hands or offer refreshments.
• You will be shown to a meeting room which will enable you to sit 2 metres from your Solicitor and on the other side of a protective screen.
• Please observe social distancing, maintaining a 2 metre distance from any of our staff members or other clients.
• You are very welcome to wear a face mask/covering, but we will not require that. Our receptionist can provide you with a mask and/or gloves, so please do ask if you would like these.
• We have toilet facilities available to you should you require.
Please note that our meeting rooms do not allow an occupancy of more than 4 persons at a time.
Our office has been deep-cleaned and we are confident that it is a Covid-secure environment. Our risk assessment is available to all employees, contractors and visitors upon request.
All of our Solicitors are able to work from home and they are largely doing so. Our IT systems have been expanded to facilitate that. If your Solicitor is unwell or is required to self-isolate, our contingency plans include another Solicitor being available to you as temporary cover. We are committed to ensuring the best possible service during this time.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your co-operation during this time.